Who are we?
Our studio has created award-winning titles such as Jurassic World™: The Game and Dragons: Rise of Berk. With over 300 employees, 10 online games, and millions of daily users, Ludia delivers innovative games across different mobile and social platforms (iOS, Android, Facebook, and more). We take pride in developing all of our tools in-house - from the game engine to the back-end systems.
What is the challenge?
- Collaborate with Producer, senior leadership and publishing partners to help set priorities and direction.
- Maintain and defend design vision.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure the timely completion of design goals that meet or exceed the high quality expected by Ludia.
- Frequently play all content, and review all features and game mechanics for fun factor.
- Provide feedback and suggest necessary design changes.
- Other essential maintenance duties may be assigned.
- Define and maintain clear, efficient processes within game design team.
- Translate business and product requirements into achievable and interesting entertainment experiences.
- Creating conceptual documents, game flow diagrams and low-fidelity game prototypes for discussion and testing purposes.
What do you need?
- College or University Degree/Certificate and a relevant industry experience.
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML and Flash experience are assets
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication, able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality of game-play features.
- Clear understanding of social games and viral game features.
- Should be able to design all of aspects of a game, either from work in progress or from scratch.
- Manage rapid concept iteration and visualization for assigned project and pitches.
- Possess a technical understanding, with the ability to design and calibrate complex gameplay systems.
- Ability to articulate, and transmit the creative vision.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: