Lead System Administrator
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as “Canada’s best game maker” by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz !
Lead the team responsible for Ludia's technological infrastructure, where performance, scalability and reliability will be at the heart of your tasks.
What is it like to be Lead a Technology Infrastructure Team at Ludia?
- Direct and oversee work processes maintaining key productivity and online infrastructure.
- Leverage key technologies, such as Infrastructure as Code or Configuration as Code platforms to manage infrastructures at a scale.
- Participate in the definitions of strategy, rules and policies regarding information security and its enforcement.
- Work with stakeholders to set the priority of the team.
- Shape the growth and evolution of the team, guiding and coaching employees in their professional progression.
You must have:
- College degree in computer science, system administration or equivalent experience
- Previous experience managing a small team of SysAdmin
- Affinity for open source code software
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of server hardware (Dell, HP, Cisco, etc.) and cloud solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with deployment pipelines or Continuous Integration pipelines
- Experience with virtualization, containerization and/or orchestration platform
- Ability to work under pressure and in critical situations while keeping calm
Excellent communication skills in French and English are imperative
Even more interesting if you have any previous experience with
- Application APIs
- Atlassian Productivity Software (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Information Security Policy
- Windows/MacOs management at a scale
- Databases (MySQL 5.x, Cassandra)
- Scripting (Bash, Groovy) and programming (Python, Groovy and/or Ruby)
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Kibana, ...)
- Configuration management software (Puppet, Ansible)
- Infrastructure management software (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Version management systems (Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Automation platforms (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Level-2 networking, level-3 routing, VPN and firewalls
- Backup infrastructure (Bacula, Bareos)
- Video game industry
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
- Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- 5@7 Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.