Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as "Canada’s best game maker" by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz !
By joining the Analytics team you will be part of the strategy on our games and in the heart of complex decisions to take.
In order to improve the quality of our games as well as the overall player experience, you’ll be in charge of providing complex analysis and studies to the game design and editorial teams, using a data driven approach.
Your role will also consist in building a creative toolset to measure and analyze user data within the Freemium environment, in order to produce automated tailored reports intended for the relevant decisional teams.
- Specify all the data architecture requirements from conceptualization to implementation for new games in development;
- Establish the blueprint of the project tracking system;
- Collaborate with the QA team to insure the accuracy of the collected information;
- Define metrics which will meaningfully illustrate the game’s performance;
- Generate customized analysis and reporting; examining the effectiveness of a game feature;
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide reports/suggestions;
- Produce daily/weekly reports on key metrics;
- Detect, analyze and explains major trends or patterns within the game;
- In charge of A/B testing during the soft launch and the live operations of the project (Price Elasticity, Tutorial Performance, etc.);
- Promote data driven decision process to the stakeholders;
- Support process improvements for the Game Analytics teams at Ludia.
What we're looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Data Analyst or equivalent pertinent position in the gaming industry and/or mobile apps or web (ECommerce);
- Master, PHD or very strong background in Mathematics, Computer Science or any relevant education;
- Proven experience of data driven LiveOps ideally within a game operation context;
- Thorough understanding of statistical methods;
- Strong experience in SQL and Python;
- Experience in Spark;
- Experience in Tableau, or any similar tools;
- Experience with AWS services S3, Redshift etc;
- Inquisitive, analytical problem-solving mindset;
- Focus on accuracy and reliability of information;
- Interest in business and marketing;
- Speak either French or English.
Bonus points if you have:
- An understanding of the general concepts of game design and game economic design;
- Experience of a full software development cycle;
- Bilingualism in En/Fr.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- 5@7 Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.