2D Environment Artist - Unannounced project
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker» by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
What we’re looking for?
- Create high quality art concepts and illustrations that will be directly in the game.
- Produce sketches and quick color tests, make the necessary modifications to make the artwork conform to the artistic vision ;
- Takes into account the constraints and technical limitations imposed by the project.
- Participates in production and artistic team meetings, brainstorming and artistic reviews.
You must have:
A real passion for video games, creativity, rigor, autonomy, self-criticism and team spirit will be essential, based on the following skills:
- Candidates should ideally have more than one year of experience in conceptual art on mobile gaming platforms, PC, consoles or handheld computers ;
- A strong foundation in traditional drawing skills, particularly perspective, and a strong command of composition and color.
- Proven ability to quickly create effective and consistent concepts, illustrations and sketches to clearly present their work to the team leader.
- Experienced in several drawing styles ;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow guidelines, technical processes and schedules ;
- Experience with agile development processes and source control systems is preferred;
- Observation and research skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Basic knowledge in the use of 3D software and a plus.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
- Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- 5@7 Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.