Match 3 Level Designer
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded "Canada’s best game maker" by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz !
For this position, you'll be joining the team working on Ludia's next big success in the making: Disney Wonderful Worlds, a Match-3 builder presently in Open Beta and due to be released worldwide early next year.
What is the challenge?
- Understand the vision provided by the game’s creative team and ensure compliance with the user experience previously defined;
- Develop Match 3 levels with new mechanics;
- Combine existing mechanics to create new and exciting experiences;
- Work with the team to ensure coherence between game levels;
- Study the behavior of the players through data and tweak the level and/or difficulty.
- Relevant college diploma and/or certificate or equivalent;
- Preferred:2+ years of game/level design experience plus
- Preferred: a record of designing levels for successful, published mobile games
- Portfolio including several examples of created levels;
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication. Be able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality gameplay features;
- A strong understanding of the F2P model;
- Bilingual English/French.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.