Game Designer - Unannounced Project
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded "Canada’s best game maker" by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz !
In this role, you will work with the team on the combat and Live Ops content of one of our games. You should know how to make a free-to-play game and how to plan for successful Live Ops.
You should be adept at understanding combat systems, level design, and player motivation to engage in events. You won’t just plan the events—you’ll design them and ensure they’re ready on time.
- Deeply understand, develop, and maintain the underlying combat mechanics;
- Work directly with the Lead Game Designer to establish a long-term vision;
- Create new game design features and enhancements to existing concepts to drive user acquisition, retention, and monetization;
- Follow-up on feature implementation to make sure they meet the established quality requirements;
- Work with data analysts to ensure combat balance and events are meeting KPI goals;
- Collaborate with the live-ops team to adopt efficient calendar strategies;
- Present new game concepts to the game team;
- Constantly review and understand market trends and competitor product approaches;
- Document ideas, concepts, and technical designs in useful, accessible formats.
What we're looking for:
- Serious passion for games—you are a gamer and have been for years;
- 2+ years of experience as a game designer;
- Shipped and/or worked on the Live Ops teams of at least 1 Free-to-Play game;
- Social, online and/or mobile game design experience;
- Thorough understanding of games' commercial appeal, including outside your personal gamer demographic;
- Experience with Puzzle RPG’s a plus;
- Bilingual French/English is preferred.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.