Payroll - Master
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
What we’re looking for?
Reporting directly to our Human Ressources VP, our Payroll Master will be responsible for carrying out all activites related to the administration of payroll and benefits. He brings his expertise and recommendations in the development, implementation and improvement of the service which he is responsible of. He will work in close collaboration with the Finance departement and other stakeholders to ensure efficient service while also respecting the corporate policies, rules and laws in effect.
- Administer the payroll's full circle for 400+ employees (review timesheets, apply corrections if necessary and process all payments related to the employees' payroll, including regular payments and special payments);
- Process year-end reports, including T-4, Relevé 1, Vacation balances, etc. ;
- Manage and keep up to date the vacation balances, mobile balances, etc.;
- Complete all requisitions for checks for different payments;
- Administer group benefits, reconcile reports and invoices (insurance group, RRSP, etc.);
- Prepare and process various monthly quartely and annual reports;
- Maintain the payroll records in Ceridian Dayforce and participate in projects in order to to improve the process;
- Produce the CNESST salary statement;
- In collaboration with the HR Advisor, prepare the training hours compilation file for all employees and submit the training report;
- Ensure that the processing of all payroll data complies with the provincial laws and other internal requirements;
- Prepare various internal and external audit reports;
- Respond to payroll requests from employees and government agencies;
- Support the Finance team with various reporting processes and activites, analyze and recommend solutions based on data;
- Write and regurlarly update the documentation of the payroll processes;
- Guarantee compliance with tax regulations for individuals in collaboration with the Finance department;
- Identify internal problems or opportunities for improvement related to payroll, analyze and implement solutions in collaboration with the departments concerned;
- Ensure proper application of company policies and procedures.
You must have:
- DEC in administration, accounting or human ressources;
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a payroll position and in an environment of similar or greater size;
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association;
- Good understanding of benefits and deductions;
- Working knowledge of the Employrment Standards Act, Labor standards, CRA regulations;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office 365;
- Bilingualism - French / English
- Ability to work in a context of fast and evolving growth;
- Positive approach, focused on customer satisfaction;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and excellent ability in managing time and priorities;
- Great attention to detail and high level of precision.
Even more interesting if the skills below are mastered:
- Basic accounting skills / backgournd;
- Knowledge of the Ceridian System.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.