Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker» by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
By joining the Art team is to be part of a team that works every day to find the best profiles and always at heart to listen to our employees and bring them goodwill, development and recognition.
What we’re looking for?
- Create high quality illustrations and concept art that can include gameplay shots, characters, objects, architecture and environments, etc. in a range of art styles;
- Produce sketches to assist the Artistic Lead in showing the project's preliminary intentions and make the necessary changes to ensure that the work is in line with the artistic vision;
- Take account of technical constraints and limitations to propose realistic concepts;
- Participate in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with a wider team;
- Expected to resolve issues on their own and/or seek out solutions with an appropriate team member;
- Show a flexible approach allowing special and/or urgent assignments to be completed with minimum impact;
- Mentor and support the other members of the team, leading by example and encouraging good communication, using solid procedures.
You must have:
A true passion for video games, creativity, rigor, autonomy, self-criticism and team spirit will be indispensable, based on the following skills:
- Candidates will ideally have 4+ years of concept art experience working on mobile gaming platforms, PC, console, or handheld;
- Proven ability to quickly create effective and coherent concept, illustrative and sketch art to clearly present their work for modellers and other team member’s immediate use;
- Strong foundation in traditional drawing skills, including architectural and anatomical knowledge.
- Experience with multiple drawing styles;
- Strong ability to present their work to internal teams;
- Ability to meet tight deadline and follow direction, technical process and schedules;
- Experience with agile development processes and source control systems preferred;
- 3D conceptual art creation skills using 3DSmax (preferred), Maya, Zbrush, including modelling, rigging, texturing, animation and lighting is a strong bonus;
- Observation and research skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
- Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- 5@7 Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.