Lead Game Programmer
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Join the development team is to be part of a team that works every day to find the best profiles and always at heart to listen to our employees and bring them goodwill, development and recognition.
What we’re looking for?
As a Lead Programmer, you will be in charge of a game programming team working with Unity.
- Manage programmers on the team and help them meet their development goals;
- Create technical design and maintain design documents;
- Build and self-manage the programming task schedules and define the development milestones;
- Collaborate with other leads within the team on game features;
- Implement game features and systems;
- Monitor the programmers work and ensure that quality and scheduling goals are met;
- Manage and mentor the less experienced programmers, including task assignments and follow up;
- Facilitate communication between the programming team and the other production teams.
You must have
- 8+ years of experience in programming/engineering development
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Credited as Lead Programmer or equivalent on published titles
- Advanced knowledge of C#, development and optimization skills with Unity
- Proven experience in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Outstanding knowledge of performance/memory constraints of game software
- Understanding of the challenges associated with cross-platform development
- Proven leadership abilities; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Ability to create, document, and maintain TDDs and programming schedules
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.