Combat Game Designer - Jurassic World Alive
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 360 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Jurassic World Alive is looking for a Combat/Battle Designer to take the battle even further in the coming years and develop the single player and multiplayer aspects.
What is the challenge for a Combat Designer on Jurassic World Alive?
- Collaborate with your team to help define direction and priorities;
- Support and communicate the design vision of the project with regard to the battle (solo campaign, PVE events, PVP, tournaments, etc.);
- Understand the market and the mechanisms of strategic games (like Hearthstones, Clash Royale), multiplayer games (like Leagues of Legends, World of Warcraft, Wizards101), and free mobile game (F2P);
- Have a good understanding of “Games as a service” in order to propose systems that can be used in the daily animation of the game (Live Ops);
- Focus on the main performance indicators and monitor the community and the media daily (such as GamePress) to balance the battle with each update in close collaboration with economics and analytics;
- Understand how to target a design related to acquisition, retention and / or monetization in a quantifiable way to develop strategic solo and multiplayer experiences while remaining accessible for mid-core players;
- Coordinate with other services to offer features that reach or exceed the high level of quality expected at Ludia;
- Play and frequently review all the content of the project as well as all the functionalities and mechanics of the game, in order to validate the “fun” factor;
- Provide comments and suggest necessary design changes;
- Follow the processes established within the game design team;
- Transform business and product requirements into actionable and engaging entertainment experiences;
- Write detailed conceptual documents, game flow diagrams and make game prototypes for discussion and testing;
- Popularize the design and balancing intentions of the battle to make it easily understandable to players.
You must have:
- Degree in computer science, multimedia, graphics, video games or relevant experience in the sector;
- 2-3 years in the video game industry in a design role on a multiplayer (PVP), strategic or RPG game;
- Have a beginner to intermediate knowledge with Unity 3D;
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, with the ability to create and calibrate complex game systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication - ability to produce detailed design documents specifying feature functionality taking into account the technical aspects of a complex client-server game;
- Ability to design all aspects of a game, from work in progress or from scratch;
- A proficiency level in English.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in e-sports;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Lucidchart, and Confluence;
- English and French bilingualism.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.