Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 12 years ago, the company welcomes more than 300 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
By joining the 3D design team, you will be part of a creative team whose mission is to bring our characters to life.
Concretely what does it mean to be Rigger Artist at Ludia?
The Rigger Artist is in charge of creating armatures to animate and deform characters, accessories and parts of environments in mobile games.
- Create 3D rigs for different types of objects and characters;
- Deliver work within the allotted time;
- Perform rig maintenance and fixes during game production;
- Establish and manage pipeline-friendly standards for rigs;
- Develop techniques to overcome deformation challenges;
- Collaborate with modeling and animation departments to facilitate realistic appealing characters;
- Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed;
- Work with Leads and Animators to develop and integrate tools into a pipeline;
- Collaborate with the team to continue to develop internal rigging framework.
You need to have:
- Graphic design, 3D animation or visual effects diploma with a specialization in Rigging
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a rigging artist
- Excellent knowledge of 3DMax and scripting
- Excellent knowledge of Maya software and Python scripting are a plus
- Experience with 3D modeling and animation systems
- Good understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion
- Excellent understanding of the entire visual effects process, from modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.