Senior 2D Artist
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 12 years ago, the company welcomes more than 300 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Joining the Lovelink team means being part of a creative team that does not lack humor, likes to work together, share ideas and learn from each other. We care about the quality of our work as much as the quality of the time we spend together.
We sincerely hope that all the fun we have will affect the new team members and will even be visible in our game!
Being a Senior 2D artist, what does it mean exactly ?
- To create unique and charming characters for a Dating Sim, currently in development
- To work with a multidisciplinary team gathering game designers, programmers, writers, and artists to develop the gameplay experience;
- Being able to efficiently express ideas and concepts;
- To support the lead for quality control and feedback to a small team of artists;
- Check the work quality of the external team of subcontractors.
We’re looking for someone that has:
- An art diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a 2D artist or equivalent;
- Excellent proficiency in anatomy, colors and composition;
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop CS;
- Great organizational skills;
- Deep understanding of the video games production’s process;
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills;
- Positive attitude and good abilities to give and receive constructive criticism.
Bonus points if you have:
- Any knowledge in 3DS Max, Maya or any other 3D software;
- Bilingual ENG/FR.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.