3D Character Modeler on Jurassic World Alive
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 12 years ago, the company welcomes more than 300 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
In our game Jurassic World Alive, the player can look for the dinosaurs via the geolocation feature, make them evolve, as well as bring them in epic battles against other players. He can also just have fun with them in their sanctuaries. By joining the Jurassic World Alive creatures design team you will be part of a creative team whose mission is to bring dinosaurs and many other prehistoric creatures to life.
The creatures design team looks after the entire production pipeline of them: from concept art, to integration into the game's engine, through sculpting and 3D modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation.
Concretely what does it mean to be3D Character Modeler on the Jurassic World Alive project?
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of game designers, programmers, writers and artists on the development of the gaming experience;
- Give life to creatures already part of the Jurassic World universe, as well as to new creatures imagined by our Concept Art team;
- Ensure the quality of the final product before its integration into the game;
- Support the lead in quality control and feedback to a small team of artists;
- Check the quality of the work of the external outsourcing team.
You need to have:
- A portfolio demonstrating a very strong knowledge of artistic fundamentals, visual communication and principles of design and modeling;
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent;
- 2 years or more of experience in a similar role;
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max;
- Excellent sculpting level in ZBrush
- Solid experience with texture maps (normal, specular, diffuse, etc.);
- Mastery of UV mapping;
- Understanding of the artistic production pipeline in video games or a related industry;
- Sense of autonomy, responsibility and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage production time and meet deadlines;
- Good ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Ability to receive and offer constructive criticism in a positive way.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience and / or interest in animal anatomy and creature design;
- Experience in Substance Painter.
- Bilingualism Eng / Fr
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.