With over 300 employees, the ability to welcome 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Game Designer.
Ludia Inc. is a 12 years old Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™ Warriors of Waterdeep, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge?
- Collaborate with your team to help set priorities and direction;
- Maintain and communicate the design vision;
- Understand the free-to-play mobile game market and mechanics;
- Focus on main KPIs and be data-driven;
- Understand how to focus a design at acquisition, retention, and/or monetization in measurable ways;
- Coordinate with other departments to deliver features that meet or exceed the high quality expected by Ludia;
- Frequently play all content, and review all features and game mechanics for fun factor;
- Provide feedback and suggest necessary design changes;
- Follow efficient processes within the game design team;
- Translate business and product requirements into achievable and interesting entertainment experiences;
- Create conceptual documents, game flow diagrams, and low-fidelity game prototypes for discussion and testing purposes;
- Degree in Computer Science, Multimedia, Graphic Design, Video Games or any relevant experience;
- 2-3 years in the video game industry in a design role;
- A technical understanding of design, with the ability to create and calibrate complex gameplay systems;
- A clear understanding of social games and viral game features;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication—able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality of features;
- Should be able to design all aspects of a game, either from work-in-progress or from scratch;
- An ability to iterate and visualize concepts for assigned projects and pitches;
- An ability to articulate and transmit the creative vision;
- The ability to quickly create and build prototypes is a bonus;
- Adobe Photoshop, Lucidchart, Confluence, and Unity experience are assets;
- Bilingualism is preferred (English and French).
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more;
- Gym 360 - Well-being by Ludia! A space entirely dedicated to the well-being of our Ludians! On the program: group classes or private training sessions given by expert coaches, massage therapy, health juice bar, etc .;
- An impressive health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments and free access to a virtual clinic for you and your family;
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program;
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals;
- Continuing education including free French or English classes
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work;
- An amazing team of creative people who work hard and have fun too!
- Watch these videos to learn more: