Linux System Administrator (a.k.a. System Engineer outside of Canada)
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Linux System Administrator (a.k.a.System Engineer outside of Canada).
With over 300 employees, the ability to welcome 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
Ludia Inc. is a 12 years old Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
Come and join the team responsible for managing Ludia's online game back-end infrastructure, where performance, scalability and reliability are at the heart of your work.
At Ludia, you will:
- Configure (Puppet), monitor (Sensu), measure (Grafana) and log (Elastic Search) an infrastructure of 1000+ Linux servers.
- Design and implement robust and highly-available solutions in an environment with millions of users.
- Work with development teams to deploy softwares (Java) while defining best practices.
- Maintain large database environments (MySQL) and larger big-data systems (Hadoop).
- Automate repetitive, error-prone and time-costly tasks.
Our ideal candidate corresponds to the following profile:
- DEC in Computer Science, System Administration or equivalent experience
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly within stressful and time critical situations
- Affinity to open source softwares
- Expert knowledge of Linux (CentOS)
- Expert knowledge of MySQL 5.x
- Experience with virtualization (KVM) and cloud environments (AWS)
- Knowledge of script programming (Bash, Python)
- Availability for on-call rotation
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of server monitoring tools (Nagios, Graphite, Kibana, ...)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools ( Puppet, ...)
- Knowledge of Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Spark, ...)
- Knowledge of layer-2 networking, layer-3routing, VPNs and firewalls
- Knowledge of backup infrastructure (Baccula, Bareos, ...)
- Professional experience in an environment related to video games development
Excellent communication skills in French and English is mandatory
The use of the term engineer in this job posting shall be interpreted to include similar positions outside of Canada where the corresponding job title is System Engineer, but it cannot be interpreted as being the job title at Ludia in compliance with the Canada and Québec where only licensed professional engineers are legally allowed to use the title engineer.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out these videos to learn more: