Senior Level Designer
With over 300 employees, the ability of supporting 1 Million + CCUs, and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
Ludia is looking for a Senior Level Designer who specializes in creating levels for mobiles games to join a human-sized and contagious production team with a savoir-faire and passion for video games.
- Main task : Create, document, balance and improve game puzzle like levels;
- Observe the progression patterns of players from one level to another and participate in the development of a coherent content management strategy;
- Act under the supervision of the Lead Game Designer and in constant collaboration with analysts, other game designers and the rest of the production team;
- Understand the creative vision of the game as established and ensure respect for the previously defined game experience;
- Improve levels based on qualitative and quantative data of observed game patterns;
- Monitor the competition to identify the industry’s best practices and build on them to create unique and entertaining levels;
- Participate in the creation of new features to feed the levels’ design;
- Work in collaboration with the production team to ensure consistency of levels;
- Study the behavior of players in terms of the progress in the different levels, and define or correct the level of difficulty.
- Relevant college diploma and/or certificate or equivalent;
- Must be a proven gaming designer: Have completed at least two (2) high quality social and/or mobile games (preferred successful);
- Exceptional skills in written and verbal communication. Be able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality Game Play features;
- A good understanding of social games;
- Bilingual English/French
- Staff management and leadership capabilities. We would be very interested in a candidate able to grow within the team and take more responsibilities among the level designers.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more;
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments, and a virtual medical clinic;
- Four weeks’ vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program;
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals;
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French;
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages;
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique;
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: