We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Narrative Designer.
With over 300 employees, the ability to support 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
The Narrative Designer works to make sure every part of the game tells a story. Narrative Design covers a wide range of game elements: from plot and dialogue, to art and UI design, even to the placement and timing of system messages. The Narrative Designer works with the design and art teams to create a story that fits the strengths of the game platform, genre, and mechanics; that represents the brand or intellectual property; and that meets the needs of the intended audience. The Narrative Designer is then responsible for producing and managing all the text in the game over the life of the project. The Narrative Designer is a specialist in determining if content aligns with the IP (Story, Audio, Visuals).
- Identifies plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design and the underlying IP.
- Creates proposal outlines and documents for internal and external review.
- Works with the game designer and the economy designer to create a sensible mission structure (objectives and rewards).
- Creates rough plot outlines and character bible if necessary.
- Creates objective timeline with the Lead Designer.
- Writes full script and tutorial.
- Sends script for external review and coordinates with external translation services.
- Implements script in full in the Game Dev tool.
- Verifies the integrity of the Audio according to the IP
- Reviews and corrects bugs.
- Transfers all text to Localization file and integrates work into the Editor.
- Creates content for updates and Live Operations.
- Degree in Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or an equivalent.
- Four years of validated and relevant experience in creative writing
- Strong writing skills in English
- Experience in any successful game as a writer
- Experience in Game Design and knowledge of its principles
- An understanding of the freemium model
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Bilingual English/French (All the content will be written in English)
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit alongside with your CV some samples of your work. Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more;
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes a virtual medical clinic;
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program;
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals;
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French;
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages;
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique;
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out these videos to learn more: