Game Economy Designer
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 12 years ago, the company welcomes more than 300 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Concretely what does it mean to be a Game Economy Designer at Ludia?
- Collaborate with Producer, senior leadership and publishing partners to help set priorities and economic direction;
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure the timely completion of design goals that meet or exceed the high quality expected by Ludia;
- Collaborate with the Design team to define the game and monetization loops according to the orientation of the game;
- Design tools and processes to establish the data architecture of the game including integration and validation;
- Be able to support each designer and meet their needs in terms of data structure (balancing, simulation, forecasting);
- Understand and be able to present complex systems by deconstructing them into simple modules.
- Provide the necessary verification tools so that each member of the team can verify the direction of the game (key indicators, projections, etc.);
- Balance the economy of a game by being very clear about the desired intentions;
- Frequently play all content, and review all features and game mechanics for fun factor;
- Participate on Live Operations calendar by defining offers and events on a Live Game;
- Translate business and product requirements into achievable and interesting entertainment experiences;
- Other essential maintenance duties may be assigned.
You need to have:
- Assuming the tasks described above, have at least shipped a F2P mobile game that have been Live for several months, preferably have worked on all aspects (pre-production, production, live ops);
- Must have good written and verbal communication, able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality of game-play features;
- Clear understanding of the business model and limits of the free to play model;
- Should be able to design all of aspects of a game, either from work in progress or from scratch;
- Possess a technical understanding, with the ability to design and calibrate complex gameplay systems;
- Ability to articulate, and transmit the creative vision;
- Ability to use and configure spreadsheets and database tools;
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ 5@7 in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.