With over 300 employees, the ability of supporting 1 Million + CCUs, and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Data Analyst.
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge for a Data Analyst at Ludia?
In order to improve the quality of our games as well as the overall player experience, you’ll be in charge of providing complex analysis and studies to the game design and editorial teams, using a data driven approach.
Your role will also consist in building a creative toolset to measure and analyze user data within the Freemium environment, in order to produce automated tailored reports intended for the relevant decisional teams.
- Specify all the data architecture requirements from conceptualization to implementation for new games in development;
- Establish the blueprint of the project tracking system;
- Collaborate with the QA team to insure the accuracy of the collected information;
- Define metrics which will meaningfully illustrate the game’s performance;
- Generate customized analysis and reporting; examining the effectiveness of a game feature;
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide reports/suggestions;
- Produce daily/weekly reports on key metrics;
- Detect, analyze and explains major trends or patterns within the game;
- In charge of A/B testing during the soft launch and the live operations of the project (Price Elasticity, Tutorial Performance, etc.);
- Promote data driven decision process to the stakeholders;
- Support process improvements for the Game Analytics teams at Ludia.
- 5 years of experience as a data analyst or equivalent pertinent position in the gaming industry and/or mobile apps;
- Master, PHD or very strong background in Mathematics, Computer Science or any relevant education;
- Proven experience of data driven liveOps ideally within a game operation context;
- Experience of a full software development cycle;
- Thorough understanding of statistical methods;
- Strong experience in SQL and Python;
- Experience in Spark;
- Experience in Tableau, or any similar tools;
- Experience with AWS services S3, Redshift etc;
- Understanding of the general concepts of game design and game economic design;
- Inquisitive, analytical problem-solving mindset;
- Focus on accuracy and reliability of information;
- Interest in business and marketing;
- Fluent in French and English.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: