We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Concept Artist.
With over 300 employees, the ability to support 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
- Create high quality illustrations and concept art that can include gameplay shots, characters, objects, architecture and environments, etc. in a range of art styles;
- Produce sketches to assist the Artistic Lead in showing the project's preliminary intentions and make the necessary changes to ensure that the work is in line with the artistic vision;
- Take account of technical constraints and limitations to propose realistic concepts;
- Participate in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with a wider team;
- Expected to resolve issues on their own and/or seek out solutions with an appropriate team member;
- Show a flexible approach allowing special and/or urgent assignments to be completed with minimum impact;
- Mentor and support the other members of the team, leading by example and encouraging good communication, using solid procedures.
A true passion for video games, creativity, rigor, autonomy, self-criticism and team spirit will be indispensable, based on the following skills:
- Candidates will ideally have 4+ years of concept art experience working on mobile gaming platforms, PC, console, or handheld;
- Proven ability to quickly create effective and coherent concept, illustrative and sketch art to clearly present their work for modellers and other team member’s immediate use;
- Strong foundation in traditional drawing skills, including architectural and anatomical knowledge.
- Experience with multiple drawing styles;
- Strong ability to present their work to internal teams;
- Ability to meet tight deadline and follow direction, technical process and schedules;
- Experience with agile development processes and source control systems preferred;
- 3D conceptual art creation skills using 3DSmax (preferred), Maya, Zbrush, including modelling, rigging, texturing, animation and lighting is a strong bonus;
- Observation and research skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more;
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes a virtual medical clinic;
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program;
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals;
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French;
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages;
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique;
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: