Narrative Assets Staging Designer
With over 300 employees, 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Narrative Assets Staging Designer.
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge for a Narrative Assets Staging Designer at Ludia?
- You will work with a team of artists, designers, writers and programmers to set up interactive and fun game scenes in 2D.
- You will work with scripts inspired from worldwide acclaimed licences, you will create the visual staging of the game: opening sequences, establishing shot, interactions between characters, dynamic transitions between the shots and the timing in general. You will also be in charge of the integration in the proprietary tool build by Ludia for these specific needs.
- To do so, you will also control the camera, choose the backgrounds, add special effects and animate characters. You will combine all these elements together to create a thrill-packed experience.
- You have a passion for visual storytelling.
- You master visual composition and perspective; you understand film editing shots, and techniques.
- You have a solid knowledge of cinematography.
- You have excellent abilities with animation software (3ds Max, Maya), and are quick to learn and adapt to proprietary tools.
- You enjoy combining creativity with technical work.
- You are able to schedule and prioritize tasks, and you have excellent attention to detail.
- You have formal education in media production, film production, graphic design, photography, cinematography, storyboarding, layout art, or previz art.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: