Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge for a Motion Designer at Ludia?
- Create enticing animation graphics that will enhance user experience
- Work with the art team to understand project scope and objectives
- Work with Game Designers and other team members to resolve technical issues
- Design animated gameplay sequences in order to ease the game production
- Optimise and integrate assets within the game engine
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team
- Contribute to the standard of excellence required by our projects
- Follow up on the work done to correct any potential bugs
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of AfterEffects and/or Flash
- Good knowledge Photoshop CS
- Excellent mastery of animation principles
- Experience with at least one complete multimedia production cycle
- Knowledge of 3Ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, or equivalent
- Willing to accept and provide direction and handle multiple tasks
- Committed independent and responsible worker
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Knowledge of the game production or animation reality in real time is an asset.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: