3D Character Modeler
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What's the challenge for a 3D Character Modeler at Ludia?
- Work in collaboration with the production team and the Lead Artist;
- Create high quality characters for mobile platforms;
- Create 3D graphic assets;
- Create outfits, items, characters, pets, monster and other from scratch to production quality;
- Model characters according to the conception of the game;
- Use technical competencies to define characters ;
- Optimize visual aspects of characters;
- Active participation to team meetings;
- Create textures to create realistic characters according to the style of the period;
- Consider technical constraints of the game and the concerns of the animators;
- Collaborate with riggers and animators to ensure the consistency of the characters styles;
- Respect deadlines defined by the production team.
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent
- 5 years or more of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max;
- Strong experience with maps of different textures (normal, specular, diffuse…)
- Good knowledge of UV'mapping;
- Solid understanding of art production processes
- Independent, responsible and committed worker;
- Skills in time management and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous;
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A Portfolio that shows strong abilities and modeling.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: