Lead Unity Game Programmer
Who are we?
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
As a Lead Programmer, you will be in charge of a game programming team working with Unity.
- Manage programmers on the team and help them meet their development goals;
- Create technical design and maintain design documents;
- Build and self-manage the programming task schedules and define the development milestones;
- Collaborate with other leads within the team on game features;
- Implement game features and systems;
- Monitor the programmers work and ensure that quality and scheduling goals are met;
- Manage and mentor the less experienced programmers, including task assignments and follow up;
- Facilitate communication between the programming team and the other production teams.
- 8+ years of experience in programming/engineering development
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Credited as Lead Programmer or equivalent on published titles
- Advanced knowledge of C#, development and optimization skills with Unity
- Proven experience in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Outstanding knowledge of performance/memory constraints of game software
- Understanding of the challenges associated with cross-platform development
- Proven leadership abilities; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Ability to create, document, and maintain TDDs and programming schedules
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: