Game Economy Designer
Who are we?
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge for a Game Economy Designer at Ludia?
- Collaborate with Producer, senior leadership and publishing partners to help set priorities and economic direction;
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure the timely completion of design goals that meet or exceed the high quality expected by Ludia;
- Collaborate with the Design team to define the game and monetization loops according to the orientation of the game;
- Design tools and processes to establish the data architecture of the game including integration and validation;
- Be able to support each designer and meet their needs in terms of data structure (balancing, simulation, forecasting);
- Understand and be able to present complex systems by deconstructing them into simple modules.
- Provide the necessary verification tools so that each member of the team can verify the direction of the game (key indicators, projections, etc.);
- Balance the economy of a game by being very clear about the desired intentions;
- Frequently play all content, and review all features and game mechanics for fun factor;
- Participate on Live Operations calendar by defining offers and events on a Live Game;
- Translate business and product requirements into achievable and interesting entertainment experiences;
- Other essential maintenance duties may be assigned.
What do you need to get the Game Economy Designer position?
- Assuming the tasks described above, have at least shipped a free to play mobile game that have been Live for several months, preferably have worked on all aspects (pre-production, production, live ops);
- Must have good written and verbal communication, able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality of game-play features;
- Clear understanding of the business model and limits of the free to play model;
- Should be able to design all of aspects of a game, either from work in progress or from scratch;
- Possess a technical understanding, with the ability to design and calibrate complex gameplay systems;
- Ability to articulate, and transmit the creative vision;
- Ability to use and configure spreadsheets and database tools;
- Bilingualism (English and French).
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: