Linux System Administrator
Who are we?
Our studio has created award-winning titles such as Jurassic World™: The Game and Dragons: Rise of Berk. With over 350 employees, 10 online games, and millions of daily users, Ludia delivers innovative games across different mobile and social platforms (iOS, Android, Facebook, and more).
Come and join the team responsible for managing Ludia's online game back-end infrastructure, where performance, scalability and reliability are at the heart of your work.
At Ludia, you will:
- Configure (Puppet), monitor (Sensu), measure (Grafana) and log (Elastic Search) an infrastructure of 1000+ Linux servers.
- Design and implement robust and highly-available solutions in an environment with millions of users.
- Work with development teams to deploy softwares (Java) while defining best practices.
- Maintain large database environments (MySQL) and larger big-data systems (Hadoop).
- Automate repetitive, error-prone and time-costly tasks.
Our ideal candidate corresponds to the following profile:
- DEC in Computer Science, System Administration or equivalent experience
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly within stressful and time critical situations
- Affinity to open source softwares
- Expert knowledge of Linux (CentOS)
- Expert knowledge of MySQL 5.x
- Experience with virtualization (KVM) and cloud environments (AWS)
- Knowledge of script programming (Bash, Python)
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
- Availability for on-call rotation
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of server monitoring tools (Nagios, Graphite, Kibana, ...)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools ( Puppet, ...)
- Knowledge of Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Spark, ...)
- Knowledge of layer-2 networking, layer-3routing, VPNs and firewalls
- Knowledge of backup infrastructure (Baccula, Bareos, ...)
- Professional experience in an environment related to video games development
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: