Linux System Administrator
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
Come and join the team responsible for managing Ludia's online game back-end infrastructure, where performance, scalability and reliability are at the heart of your work.
At Ludia, you will:
- Configure (Puppet), monitor (Sensu), measure (Grafana) and log (Elastic Search) an infrastructure of 1000+ Linux servers.
- Design and implement robust and highly-available solutions in an environment with millions of users.
- Work with development teams to deploy softwares (Java) while defining best practices.
- Maintain large database environments (MySQL) and larger big-data systems (Hadoop).
- Automate repetitive, error-prone and time-costly tasks.
Our ideal candidate corresponds to the following profile:
- DEC in Computer Science, System Administration or equivalent experience
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly within stressful and time critical situations
- Affinity to open source softwares
- Expert knowledge of Linux (CentOS)
- Expert knowledge of MySQL 5.x
- Experience with virtualization (KVM) and cloud environments (AWS)
- Knowledge of script programming (Bash, Python)
- Availability for on-call rotation
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of server monitoring tools (Nagios, Graphite, Kibana, ...)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools ( Puppet, ...)
- Knowledge of Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Spark, ...)
- Knowledge of layer-2 networking, layer-3routing, VPNs and firewalls
- Knowledge of backup infrastructure (Baccula, Bareos, ...)
- Professional experience in an environment related to video games development
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: