Story Layout Designer (contact)
Who are we?
Our studio has created award-winning titles such as Jurassic World™: The Game and Dragons: Rise of Berk. With over 350 employees, 10 online games, and millions of daily users, Ludia delivers innovative games across different mobile and social platforms (iOS, Android, Facebook, and more). We take pride in developing all of our tools in-house - from the game engine to the back-end systems.
What is the challenge for a Story Layout Designer at Ludia?
- You’ll work with the team of artists, designers, writers and programmers to set up interactive and fun game scenes.
- From a script, you’ll use proprietary tools to execute a dynamic scene: laying out characters, controlling the camera, adding transitions, etc.
- You’ll be setting up backgrounds and props and entering values into the monetization part of our tool.
What do you need for the Story Layout Designer position?
- A passion for visual storytelling.
- An understanding of narrative structure and how it can be communicated visually.
- A strong visual composition and perspective, an understanding of film editing shots and techniques, and knowledge of cinematography.
- You have excellent abilities with graphic design software and are quick to learn and adapt to proprietary tools.
- You enjoy combining creativity with technical work.
- You are able to schedule and prioritize tasks, and you have excellent attention to detail.
- You have formal education in media production, film production, graphic design, photography, cinematography, storyboarding, layout art, or previz art .
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: