Narrative Assets Staging Designer
Who are we?
Our studio has created award-winning titles such as Jurassic World™: The Game and Dragons: Rise of Berk. With over 350 employees, 10 online games, and millions of daily users, Ludia delivers innovative games across different mobile and social platforms (iOS, Android, Facebook, and more). We take pride in developing all of our tools in-house - from the game engine to the back-end systems.
What is the challenge for a Narrative Assets Staging Designer at Ludia?
- You will work with a team of artists, designers, writers and programmers to set up interactive and fun game scenes in 2D.
- You will work with scripts inspired from worldwide acclaimed licences, you will create the visual staging of the game: opening sequences, establishing shot, interactions between characters, dynamic transitions between the shots and the timing in general. You will also be in charge of the integration in the proprietary tool build by Ludia for these specific needs.
- To do so, you will also control the camera, choose the backgrounds, add special effects and animate characters. You will combine all these elements together to create a thrill-packed experience.
What do you need for the Narrative Assets Staging Designer position?
- You have a passion for visual storytelling.
- You master visual composition and perspective; you understand film editing shots, and techniques.
- You have a solid knowledge of cinematography.
- You have excellent abilities with animation software (3ds Max, Maya), and are quick to learn and adapt to proprietary tools.
- You enjoy combining creativity with technical work.
- You are able to schedule and prioritize tasks, and you have excellent attention to detail.
- You have formal education in media production, film production, graphic design, photography, cinematography, storyboarding, layout art, or previz art.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: