Who are we?
Our studio has created award-winning titles such as Jurassic World™: The Game and Dragons: Rise of Berk. With over 350 employees, 10 online games, and millions of daily users, Ludia delivers innovative games across different mobile and social platforms (iOS, Android, Facebook, and more). We take pride in developing all of our tools in-house - from the game engine to the back-end systems.
What is the challenge for a 3D Artist at Ludia?
- Participate in the creation process of 3D characters consistent with the global vision of the game.
- Respect the artistic identity of a heroic-fantasy world famous licence.
- Modeling stunning characters and accessories.
- Optimize models for mobile platforms in real time.
- Respect technical limitations related to the animation.
- Create impressive and realistic textures to optimize the visual impact.
- Collaborate with the Lead artist, concepts artists, animators and programmers.
- Verify the final result once integrated in the game.
What do you need to get the 3D Artist position?
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of experience as a 3D artist in the gaming industry.
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop and other software to create textures.
- Advanced knowledge about UV mapping techniques, maps of various textures and creation of materials.
- Independent, responsible and committed worker.
- Good time management and meets deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- A Portfolio that shows a mastery of 3D modeling, textures and human anatomy.
What's in it for you?
Work in the heart of Old Montreal
An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: